I occasionally write short blog-type articles on areas of interest and reviews of books I’ve recently read.
Articles (in chronological order, more or less)
- The Mayflower, the Puritans, the Pope, and the Tudors
- Two Continents, Two Civil Wars
- Two Continents, Two Civil Wars: Part II
- The Battle of Carillon
- George Washington: Public Health Advocate
- The Indomitable Henry Knox
- Betsy Ross: Seamstress of the Stars?
- Dr. Joseph Warren and Margaret Kimble Gage: Romance or Romanticism
- Nathan Hale’s Famous Last Words
- Lucy Terry: Forgotten Poet
- Philadelphia’s Yellow Fever Epidemic of 1793
- Jean Baptiste Charbonneau: Cultural Chameleon
- The Words of Chief Joseph?
- The Utah War
- The Ku Klux Klan in Montana
- Pox Americana: The Great Smallpox Epidemic of 1775-1782, Elizabeth A. Fenn
- Outbreak! Plagues that Changed History
- American Heroes: Profiles of Men and Women Who Shaped Early America, Edmund S. Morgan
- Washington’s Crossing, David Hackett Fischer
- Joe: The Slave who became an Alamo Legend, Ron J. Jackson, Jr. and Lee Spencer White
- Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America, Erik Larsen
- Fire and Brimstone: The North Butte Mining Disaster of 1917, Michael Punke